Monday, January 28, 2008

Tales and Legends 2



This is my 1st time to ever to post 2 illustrations in one week to the Illustration Friday challenge, but I had the time, loved the topic and was inspired to do Alice in Wonderland - falling down the rabbit hole. When Alice fell, she had just seen the white rabbit hurrying along looking at his pocket watch. Falling down the hole, she saw a jar of Orange Marmalade, picture frames and maps. I tried to capture all of these things in a "hip" style, not a traditional scene, which most picture books are, rather a suggestion of the scene. I personally like this, but I'd love to hear from you all and see if I am on the right track with this style. Leave me a comment, if you care to, good or bad comments are welcome.

6 comments:

pretty day said...

I really like this! The black is very striking-- I think the image works really well.

thefridayfrog said...

yessss, nina you are DEFINITELY on the right track. GREAT take on alice....and the red riding hood! love this wonderful style! more, more! take on the dwarves! :)))

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

You overachiever!!! Great work. I dig the style a lot.

Nicole said...

I'm digging it. I suddenly feel like I'm falling down into a black abyss. 2 in 1 wk? You are on fire!

imwithsully said...

I can't decide which on I like better... I'll take them both. What a cool style on these two!

RyanLoghry said...

I like the design of this piece better, but I have to give you bonus points for the back story on your first post. Very serendipitous. Nice work on both.