Sunday, March 02, 2008

IF - leap


Of course, I did an illo about Leap year, when I saw the theme for this week over at Illustration Friday. It was, after all, Feb 29 when the theme was posted. I always have felt sorry for people that have birthdays on that day, so I hope you all had a GREAT one this year.

I'm really working hard at developing my children's illustration style and I think I'm getting close to the way I want to create images for those publications. It's painterly with some collage elements and colors that are fun, but not too bright. I'd love to hear your comments, especially those of you who work in the children's market.

Well, it's back to tax prep. Ugh! I'd rather be illustrating!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh oh.. she is cute! :)

claudine hellmuth said...

so cute!! love the kitty too!

Ars said...

I can't help but love the leaping cat. Nice spring colors, too!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

i think it's great that you already have a consistent style for your illustration---it helps a lot, because the rest would be just technical. me, i still struggling. :)

Roberta said...

It's really cute.
And the colors are a nice choice.

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

I'm loving this!!! Beautiful.

I think you do have a style already. I can tell. Your color scheme is beautiful and is part of your style too. Your shapes are very simple, innocent and appealing all with a graphic touch. :o)

thefridayfrog said...

i am TOTALLY with alicia on this one, nina. you're READY. put together 15 samples and go get em. the NEWEST 2008 children's writers/ills market book is an EXCELLENT place to get names and a good start. and man oh MAN i want those overalls! polkadots! :)))

Nicole said...

Love the piggie tails... So I have no idea what you are prepping for when you talk about children publications (assume books) and I am the mother of two young children (3 and 1). And I would LOVE to see your illustrations every night when I put them to bed! Go for it!