Thursday, August 05, 2010

cat tales

Today, I cleaned the back of the couch. You know, the one where the cats sleep, so they can be by the window. Let's say, I attempted to clean it. It's been hot and the cats are shedding and I should do this job more than just every once in awhile. There was enough hair on the back of that couch to make another cat!

I would love to find a great way of getting cat hair off furniture. Those masking tape lint roller thingies? Nope, they work, but it takes about the whole roll to do any good. Vacuuming? Nope, doesn't pick it up well enough. Those cat brush hoops with the teeth? That's what I used today and it does get a lot of it, but not all and it's teeth tear up the back of the couch a bit.

Dear readers - If you have cats and have that same problem, what do you do?  Leave me a comment with your cat hair problem solving advice, I'd love to hear from you!

5 comments:

Tamara Henderson said...

One of my old co-workers used an empty Xyron roll to get dog hair off her couch and clothes. The roll was very sticky and removed a lot. I tried it once on a linty shirt and it removed a lot of the lint.

life without novacaine said...

Ha-ha, I'd say get leather couches! But if that's not doable, I've seen a new cat hair remover advertised on the tv. I think it might be available with the Swiffers and house cleaning products. Sadly, I don't think it is refillable though.

Best of luck to you!

Shirley said...

OH my! That's so funny (I'm sorry, but I had to chuckle when you said there was enough fur for another cat!)...I'm sorry I don't have any advice..but wow, what a fun illustration..love your kitty's expression!

hapi-ness said...

same problem here! we have velvet flocked curtains which have loads of cat hair stuck on them, there's far too much for a lint roller, and our vacuum didn't do any good either! x

Anonymous said...

I'm like you - tried everything, even got a fancy attachment on my vacuum cleaner, but the best thing I've found is the Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair.

I must admit I looked at it in the store and went home to gripe about "disposable", made of plastic, such a waste of our environmental goals ... etc. Then my husband, who happens to be a veterinarian found out that you can "hack" the thing.

He took the plastic cover off and removed the hair, put it back together and ta-dah... works great again. So I don't dispose of it, just the hair. I've had it about two months and it's still working like a charm.

Try on and see what you think ... I love your art ... btw ... lol

Karen